You will need a current ACAT/NSAF Comprehensive Assessment which will assess your eligibility and give you approval for permanent residential or respite.
For further information contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422

Finding An Aged Care Home
Once you have been assessed by the ACAT team you may choose to look for your future aged care home.

Contact Us: Phone: 02 4032 8508
Email:          Resident Liaison: April Robinson

For further information and/or appointment for an inspection:-
We would require either a copy of the ACAT/NSAF assessment or Permanent Residential Referral code to check suitability through our access to the My Aged Care portal. If approved and should you wish to apply, you will be placed on our waiting list and be contacted when a bed becomes available.

What Could I be Charged?
Residents in aged care can be asked to make the following types of payments.
Daily fees – A basic daily fee which is set by the government and adjusted 6 monthly.
A Refundable Accommodation Deposit, or
A Daily Accommodation Payment, or a combination of both.

An Extra Service Fee (Platinum Service), for residents who opt for a higher level of hotel style accommodation and service.

Additional Service Fee, Opt in/out of a  selection of services to suit your individual needs.

A Means Tested Care Fee You only pay this if your assets exceed an amount set by the government.

Complete an Application for Permanent Entry into an Aged Care Home. Photocopy, sign, send, or take (if not already provided) with the photocopied ACAT assessment to your facility of choice.

Application for Admission

N.B. Admission to Mayfield Aged Care is subject to the applicant having a current ACAT assessment, the availability of a bed and the applicant’s ability to pay the daily fees and charges.

Mayfield Aged Care requires:
You to complete a Mayfield Aged Care Application for Admission, a copy of the ACAT assessment or permanent placement referral code, copy of power of attorney, enduring power of attorney (if applicable), the appointed guardian (if applicable). Financial details, to sight and take a copy of both Centrelink and Department of Veterans Affairs DVA cards as well as your Medicare card. The date of last Pneumovax and flu Vax, any allergies you may have and your referring G.P.

When you provide us with personal details the details are kept private. Protecting your personal information is important to us. The information on the forms will be treated sensitively by the aged care home. Australia’s privacy laws require residential homes (aged care homes) to meet certain standards in managing the information you supply.

Moving in and settling in to an aged care home. Living in an aged care home will be different, the more information you give us about your lifestyle preferences and your choices will assist the staff in helping you to settle in.

Resident Agreement
A resident agreement is a formal agreement between you and the aged care home. If you choose to enter into an agreement, you do not have to sign it at the time it is offered to you. However if the agreement includes accommodation payments, then this agreement needs to be signed within 28 days.

If you are not able to sign the resident agreement
If you are physically unable to sign the agreement, but you understand it and you are willing to sign, you may ask someone with legal authority to sign on your behalf. This may be a person who holds Power of Attorney for you.

The Charter of Resident’s Rights and Responsibilities’
No matter which residential aged care home you move into, the rights and responsibilities of yourself and all other residents will be the same. To ensure the protection of your rights and responsibilities, they are included in the legislation that all Australian Government funded residential aged care homes must abide by.

Appointing a nominee to deal with the Department of Health and Aging
The Department of Health and Aging is the Australian Government organization responsible for Australia’s aged care system. You can nominate someone to act on your behalf in dealings with the Department of Health and Aging about your care needs. You may contact the Aged Care Information Line on 1800 500 853 for an Appointment of Nominee form.

Personal Preferences in the event of serious illness
During this time, although difficult, it is important that your personal preferences are clearly communicated to those people who may need to look after your affairs. You may include arrangements you have made through a Living Will or Advance Health Directive which is a written statement of what health care you want should you no longer be able to take part in decisions about your medical treatment.

Moving In
When you move in you should meet with the manager of your aged care home. Let the manager know if you need help with the changes you are experiencing, and what sort of help you may need. Mayfield Aged Care admits residents on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and offer care, support and assistance to help with the moving in process.